Monday, February 27, 2012

Time Marches On

Just wanted to share with you guys a few pictures of our weekend.
I can't believe we are almost approaching week 2 of the cast.  Time is actually going pretty fast, and I hope it stays that way!  (Even faster would be nice!)
We have tried to keep things going as we normally would.  Of course, that is easier said than done when you are loading a big ol' baby in a huge cast into a car seat, or trying to do diaper changes in the car.  Good times... But we are doing it!
I can't stand being cooped up in the house, and neither can the baby girl.  Especially when our Arizona weather is beautiful right now!
On Saturday, my hubby had to work a 8-8 shift at work, so it was Goose and I all day.  We made the best of it!  We went to the park and fed the ducks.  We walked and walked then she started pointing to the play area.  Darn it!  That's where we always go and I would let her out of her stroller and cruise along the slide, climb on the little rock wall, etc.  My heart sank and it hurt!  It hurt really bad! :-( Then I said to myself, screw it! (Pardon my French) and I got her out, and held the babester and let her climb with her hands while I held her up.  My back muscles shred into a million pieces, but she had a blast!  That's all that matters to me.
She had a full on break down leaving the park, she wanted to get down so bad.  But... what are you gonna do?  To make her feel better, we went to McDonalds and shared an ice cream cone and that pretty much solved all of the problems in Lucy's world. :-)
We got home and Grandma and Grandpa Farrish came over to visit.  YAH!  It was awesome.  They played with me and read books.  THEN... my momma's friend Darla came over!  She brought me a book and a teddy bear!  WOOP WOOP!  And then... YEP it keeps going!  My Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and Nancy came over!  It was a day full of fun, family and friends... It's so great to help the time pass by.  A new lap to sit on... A new face.  I am sure Lucy is getting pretty sick of momma already 24-7 for the last 14 months of her life.  Well, maybe not.  She LOVES her mom!!
Sunday was Lucy's cousin Chase's 4th birthday bash.  There were tons of kids, a bounce house and pizza! I brought Lucy's little ride-on toy which she fits on perfectly.  We pushed her around and she had fun celebrating with her family.
When we got home, my sister and bro-in law came to visit and we went for wings at a grill near our house. BUSY DAY!
We also started signing her cast.  Only at the top part since I don't want to make the leg part look weird since it's pink and cute!  Aaron said for weeks that he is going to be the first to sign it.  He simply put 'Dad' xoxo in a heart, right on Lucy's heart!  SO cute.  I also signed it, Aunt Mel signed it, and I drew two paw prints, one for Slim and one for D, her bully brothers.
Wednesday we have our 2 week post-op check up at the surgeon's office.  I am going to try to schedule her 6 week cast change date then.  I don't want to go ONE single day over 6 weeks if we don't have to.  Since her surgeon is a huge VW fan, and my husband just so happens to work for VW, I plan on bringing him TONS of special gifts.  haha.  Yep, I am working it!  Anything with a VW emblem for him.  AND a big plate of fresh cookies.  It can't hurt.  So when I beg him... and I mean BEG him to take her cast off a few days early, he might think about it.  My cookies are pretty darn good. (smile)

Here are a few pics of my love as we just wait... Day by day... Minute by minute!




 Brothers Slim and D, the bulldogs!

 Love my chair!
 Grandma and Grandpa Farrish and her cousin Tyler!
 I can hang with the big kids!
 Blowing bubbles!

 My best friend, momma!

 Grandma Nancy let's me wear her Coach sunglasses!
Can you see why we love this park?!
She loves to play!

Watching Yo Gabba Gabba. Someone was seriously high when they created this...
Notice Slim in the background...
Momma's friend brought me this dish set!  SO cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment